Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday 29 July 2024

    All 6 Ponies seen 09.00 - 09.15 Today, (Mon 29 Jul 24)

     Mon 29th .  08.40 - When cycling down track from compound, (in E6), I spotted two ponies, (P1 & 2) grazing in open area of D9.  

    I cycled down the track  on the border of C9/D9 and got off my bike walked a few yards from the bike and removed my helmet & glasses.  They approached slowly, but only one (P1) came close enough for a neck pat for a short while.

    After about 15 mins, two more appeared into the open scrub land. One of which is P3

    Then one of the original two walked up into the trees in D8.  After a while, I followed and watched that pony for about 10 mins grazing and occasionally scratching itself on trees

    As I was watching the pony in the trees on higher ground, I noticed that two other ponies had appeared in the open ground in D9.  

    For about ten minutes I watched ALL 6 Ponies, (5 grazing on the open ground in D9 and 1 in the  higher ground within the trees in D8..  I left at about 09.15.

    None of the ponies appeared, (in my limited opinion) to be distressed in any way.  The all appeared to be moving freely and contentedly grazing.

    Not able to photo all 6 ponies.  The three I did are captioned Ponies






    1-3.  Hope this assists

    Photo Captions did not appear on Blog, but if required I have captioned photos saved on laptop.

    1 comment:

    1. The photo captions didn't appear on the blog. However, they are stored with the photos on my laptop. Contact if required.

      ReplyDelete

    Saturday 5th October - All 8 seen

    The ponies were grazing near ///toffee.foggy.directs at 15:00 this afternoon, enjoying the warm, sunny weather. They were all happy, relaxed...