Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 10 July 2026

    Friday 10 July 26. (06.00 - 06.45) All Four Found. All OK. Trough Full & Re-Filling OK.

     I checked the NoFence map at home before setting off and had seen that the cattle were in the J5/6 K5/6 area.  By the time I'd ridden to the cattle grid in E9 the cattle were all in J6.   So, on the assumption that they were heading SW for a morning drink, I went to check the trough first.

    The trough was full of clear water and so to check it was re-filling, I scooped out about 2"-3" of water.  After what seeemed like a long time, but which was probably about a minute, I could hear the faint trickle of water when I put my ear very close to the the metal plate over the cistern.  So, I believe that it is filling.

    NO-fence, now showed the cattle just NE of, but very close to the main NW-SE sandy track in I6.  I rode there and found Jet and Jura very close to the sandy track.  They were both pestered by flies. but were happy to receive some neck scratches.


         



    I could hear banging, just a few feet away to the north and once I'd move through some thin scrub, I could see that the noise was being made by J'Arore, scratching his RHS neck on a tree near a short section of broken brick wall.  The banging noise was being made by his gps tracker hitting the brickwork.  He was ok, but just wanted to scratch, even when I was scratching the other side of his neck.


    I found Jet a further 30 yards of so north, towards the middle of I6.  He was happily grazing the grass and was happy to receive some neck scratches.




    Then I was off to climb some hills before the sun gets higher & it gets very hot.   Got to do something to try keep the fat off !

    1 comment:

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Sorry for the late notice tues 8/9 but we wont get to cows today

     The morning has not gone to plan and Ziggy has annual jabs this pm so we are not going to get to the cows today sorry