Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 12 July 2026

    Sunday 12 July 26. (09.15 - 09.50). Trough Checked - Sllght Leak All four Boys found & they are OK.

    I checked the trough first, as the NoFence was showing the cattle as possible being in the heavy undergrowth.  As confirmed by Jacky's post, which I saw on return home. 

    The trough has a slight leak near the water in pipe, which I photo'd - 

    It's at the top of the NW corner.  However, it does not appear to affecting the trough filling-up and remaining full - 



    I then rode to find the cattle.  I found Jet and J'Adore in lighter scrub in J4/K4.  They were eating young gorse.  At one time if was beside J'Adore, (who was happy being stroked) in a small area enclosed by a 4ft diameter tree trunk, gorse and thick Rhodi bush, when Jet decided he wanted in and then engaged J'Adore in a game of play shove!.  I extracated myself pretty promptly from that area, by creating, (with a fair amount of discomfort, not being blessed, (unlike the combatants) with a thick hide !





    I had already heard one or two of the others a few feet further east, but still on the cusp of J4/K4.  So I scrambled through the thicker undergrowth, (the bike and helmet having been jetisoned even before finding the first two) and came upon Jeans, (stood still) and Jura, (laying down).     




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Sorry for the late notice tues 8/9 but we wont get to cows today

     The morning has not gone to plan and Ziggy has annual jabs this pm so we are not going to get to the cows today sorry