Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 26 July 2026

    Sunday 26 July 2026, (07.45 - 08.50) All 4 Seen. All OK. Trough checked.

     I had been monitoring the location of the boys from about 05.30 this morning at home.  I'd  seen that they were originally in the "duck pond" area and the were moving north.  I set off to see them on bike when they were in open ground in J4 and approaching the main NW-SE track.

    However, when I actually got there they had already crossed the track and were in the jungle north of the track in I3.  It took a fair bit of scrabbling about, under/through the bracken, gorse, brambles and over uneven ground, as well as waiting to check for the NoFence to update to ascertain my position relative to the ones not seen yet, (which of course affords them the opportunity to swap positions).  However, I eventually found all four of the boys.  Several times I followed the noise of one of the boys pulling plants to eat or moving through jungle, creating my own "path", only to find when I got near him, that he'd already been clocked !   





    After getting myself and my bike from the jungle, (I take it in a little was to save leaving it unattended on the track for an unknown length of time), I lick my battle wounds and head for the trough, which was full and clear, with some of the tree detritus, (described & removed by Gordon yesterday) floating on the surface. 



     I started clearing this, after which I decided to clear the other matter at the bottom of the trough. I took out about two bucketfulls of leaves/ sticks, twigs & the occasional stone.


     Afterwards, the water in the trough was all cloudy, but I'd removed about 85% of the matter at the bottom..  When it settles and clears, hopefully you'll be able to see the silver bottom of the trough.  I wonder if that'll taste better for the boys or of they preferred as it was.  Ho Hum. 

    1 comment:

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Sorry for the late notice tues 8/9 but we wont get to cows today

     The morning has not gone to plan and Ziggy has annual jabs this pm so we are not going to get to the cows today sorry