Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 17 July 2026

    Friday 17 July 2026. (11.10 - 11.30) All Four Seen All OK.

    The were in the SW corner of K4.   According to NoFence I was close, but I was in a thick area of Rhodi.bush(es)  So I stood still for about five minutes, (ostensibly to get the app to up date and give my position relative to the boys).  However, before it did, I heard a snort and the sound of vegetation movement to my left.  I moved only a few yards in that direction and I could see them. 

     I like to thank H&IoW WT for enabling me those lovely silent five mins or so.   I was really enjoying just listening to nature, in a location I would never be, (unless looking for Jet, Jura, Jeans and J'Adore) until the moment shattered by a very load explosion from Gibraltar Barracks !

    It didn't take long to get close to the boys.  They were in a lovely cool spot in deep shady cover within the rhodi bush(es).  J'Adore, Jet and Jeans were all laying down chewing the cud, while Jura was stood up only a few feet away and was moving about.  I guess it was him that I'd heard move earlier.  All were being plagued by fries around their heads



     



    Apologies, I forgot to check on the tough.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Sorry for the late notice tues 8/9 but we wont get to cows today

     The morning has not gone to plan and Ziggy has annual jabs this pm so we are not going to get to the cows today sorry