On arrival, I could see from the "No-Fence" that the cattle were in the deep gorse next to the fence at the extreme west of the range, 250 yard SW of the ammo dump compound. They had been there since I'd checked on them on my laptop at home. So, I left them there unseen and went to look for the ponies, in the hope that the cattle would have come into the open on my return.
I saw the ponies just 50 yards north of me, as I was riding east along the main track from the ammo dump to the Hawley Hard entrance.
I managed to drag my bike through a gap on the track gorse border, dump my bike, helmet and glasses and walk over to the ponies. They all appeared well and were gradually heading west.
I then went back to the western edge of the range to see if the boys were "coming out to play". Unfortunately, they were not. So, dumping the bike again, I followed the western fence line south and then cut east into the gorse, where I was eventually able to view all four of the boys.
They all appeared well.
Apologies, I am unlikely to be able to get out and see the ponies and cattle this Sunday. Is anyone able to cover me? I can do an extra day next week, if that assists in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.