Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Wednesday, 30 September 2026

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok

    As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a lot of them around!  I found out that not only are there the English Oaks we all know but a lot of Pin Oaks (that's what I believe they are called). They have much larger leaves and their acorns are of a different shape.




    I did take note of the W3W locations of the ones I came across if it would be useful?

    Finally found 282 on his own.  He was by the look of it eating the bracket fungus on the Silver Birch!  Hope that is not poisonous.


    Managed to find the other 2 who were by the main entrance.  They were there as there was a Volunteer Working Party clearing some of the small firs.  Stopped to have a chat before heading home.




    They all appeared OK


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...