The cattle were in J6, just NE of the sandy track, where it bends just 100 yards up from the cattle grid opposite the entrance to Hawley Hard. There were all busily chomping away on young silver birch leaves.
The ponies were on the border of G5 and H5, where two grassy tracks meet. The foal was laying down, while the adult ponies were all within 5-yards from the pony and all three were intently staring East. I could not see what was attracting their attention, but they remained looking in that direction for about two minutes, while I struggled to get my mobile out of video mode and back to pictures. Eventually I approached and the mother and Polly were quite content to have some neck strokes. The foal was close by, but must have been cream-crackered as she did not get up. She only arose and came to me for a few strokes, (maybe ten secs) just before the three adults started walking and then cantered west, towards the sandy paddock. Before they got there they turned south and cantered around the south of the sandy paddock and up the sandy track towards the north of the ammo dump compound. I don't know if they were moving away from what they'd been looking at?















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.