Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Tuesday, 16 June 2026

    Tuesday 16th June - Pony Update - now 2 ponies plus the foal onsite

    At 11:00 this morning, I met Nicky onsite as she came to collect Polly, who is returning home to the New Forest for a short break and to have her feet trimmed. The ponies had been grazing in the pasture near the water trough, enjoying plenty of fresh grass in the sunshine. With Polly heading home, there are now just two ponies and the foal remaining at Hawley Lakes Reserve.

    The ponies remained perfectly calm throughout, but I stayed with them for a further forty minutes after Nicky left to make sure they remained settled. They were all very friendly, taking turns to wander over and spend some time with me, enjoying plenty of strokes and rubs. I said my goodbyes at 12:10, leaving them grazing contentedly, with the foal resting nearby.

    The boys were resting peacefully deep in the woodland north of the duck pond, so I checked them from a distance today. They were all looking well.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today. 






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...