Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 12 June 2026

    Friday 12 June 26. (11.00 - 11.30) All Eight Seen. All OK.

     The cattle & ponies were all together in G7, when I first came across them.  I was stroking the Mum pony when, the foal saw me and came trotting, (is that horse second gear?) over to me and was quite insistent that I divert all my attention to her.  I spent about five minutes stroking the foal, but it took me about another min or so, to extrecate myself, as she wanted me to stay.  I'm a substantial person, (6'3" & 20 stone), but I think that the foal could easily injure someone, (inc me) with over-enthusiasm for attention, so take care.  It's a fine line between saying, "No" to the pony and upsetting Mum.  However, It's great to have the opportunity to spend time with all of them.

    All of the cattle & ponies were gradually heading west towards the tarmac, ammo dump access road.  As I departed south on the grassy track running through F7 & F8, the foal came up to me again and I gave her another undiluted sesssion of neck and back stroking, before turning me back and swiftly departing.














    1 comment:

    1. Hi Tony, good point about the foal, especially as she will only get bigger and more boisterous. I know its hard, but its probably for the best if we don't encourage that behaviour too much

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...