Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 25 September 2026

    FRiday 25 Sept 26. (09.15 - 09.30) All Four Seen

     I found Jet, Jura & Jeans in E7 on the wide SW-NE track.  They were all bust grazing the grass on the track's verge, about 150 yards west of the ammo dump. They all appeared well.




    I could not find J'Adore (276) anywhere in the vicinity, so I went down towards the trough, where Gordon had reported he was last night.  I found him, (J'Adore, not Gordon) at the trough, although I could not say whether he had drunk any water.  He walked over the the western perimiter fence and as he did so I could see he was drooling from his mouth.



    When he got near the fence he lay down.

    I called the office and eventually spoke to Chris, who advised he was only five minutes away.  He arrived and quickly noticed that J'Arore's lhs appeared swollen.  Chris tried to get him to follow him with a bucket of nuts, but he would not move away from the trough.  He did return to the trough, but just appeared to dip his snout in and not to drink.

    Chris rang the office and others were going to come out to assist escorting J'Adore to the corral, ready for the vet's visit later today.  As I was of no further assistance, I left Chris, who was going to put another gps collar on J'Adore.  He advised that he would update the blog, with news later today.  I hope all goes well.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.