The ponies were all found in the area near ///yoga.relies.solids at 16:00 this afternoon. Despite the frequent rain showers, several were still grazing out in the open. They quickly came over to greet me and happily accepted some strokes. Although a bit damp, they all looked great. The others were sheltering from the rain in the thicket, enjoying the leaves and long grass. As soon as they heard my voice, they emerged from the bushes to say hello. They were all friendly, happy and very relaxed.
Polly was grazing a little further southwest, deep in the bushes. I could hear branches snapping, but couldn't see her at first. After calling her name a few times, she came bounding through the thicket, softly nickering as she approached. Polly was very affectionate, giving me head rubs and nuzzles before fully emerging from the bushes for a long neck rub. It was a real joy to spend time with her today.
The ponies continued grazing but frequently came over for more strokes and rubs. The girls all looked really well. I said my goodbyes just after 17:15, and as I reached the main path, I noticed several ponies had cut through the thicket and were gathering a bit further up the path to the west.
I also remembered to bring a hammer and was able to properly secure the top rail of the fence by the car park entrance gate.
The ponies were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.