The boys were happily grazing near ///diverged.doing.thinks at 10:55 this morning. They were all very friendly, coming over to say hello and enjoy some strokes. Yearling 282 thoroughly enjoyed a long neck and chin scratch, even resting his head on my shoulder at one point. While the hair on his neck continues to thin, it doesn’t seem to be bothering him. Yearling 276 was especially affectionate, leaning in for a long neck and shoulder rub, then thanking me with gentle head rubs and licks. All four were happy, relaxed, and looking great.
After a quick graze around the western set of tank pits, the boys set off on a slow graze southwest through the pasture. They were enjoying plenty of long grass, heather, and leaves from the silver birch trees. As the wandered, they would regularly come over for more strokes and rubs. Yearling 276 rarely left my side, content to graze while enjoying back rubs.
Just before midday, I left them peacefully grazing to go and clean the water trough. I'd only just finished when they all turned up to inspect my work. They seemed pleased and enjoyed a refreshing drink. Afterwards, they began settling down nearby to rest and chew their cud. Yearlings 276 and 282 insisted on a final round of strokes before lying down, which I was more than happy to provide. I said my goodbyes at around 12:25, leaving them all resting contentedly.
It was also lovely to catch up with Jacky and her husband, who had come by to check on the yearlings too.
The cows were all good today.
Thanks Gordon, I like the photo of 283 with the outstretched leg, what a poser 🤣
ReplyDelete