Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 18 May 2025

    Sun 18 May 25 (10.15 - 10.30) All 4 cattle seen in J4. All well.

    Before I set off on my usual morning bike ride from home , (Pinewood Park - large circuit around Minley Wood and then pop-in on the stock in Hawley Common) I checked the GPS Grazing Map.  It showed them four yearlings in J$, but very close the the thick, damp woods to the East, which I have only once recently visited.  Determined to "get in there and find 'em" I changed from my summer riding shoes to my waterproof, (up-to-the-ankle) winter riding boots and off I headed.

    When I reached the Sailing Club access road in E10, I decided to view the cattle first in the hope I'd catch them before they entered the thick/damp wooded area.  This proved a good mood move, as I came upon the quickly.  They were in the open in J4 heading west, not far off the main E-W track, happily grazing as they went.   They were all in good fettle, even allowing me to stroke and scratch them.

     





























    My luck ran out on leaving them.  Less than two minutes after leaving them, I got a puncture in B5,  cycling along the outside of the Hawley Common fence and the Army camp, while I heading for Minley Woods and the rest of my ride.  Walking home pushing the bike, (I don't usually take my pack on my morning ride) I developed a blister, (painful, way beyond it's medical significance) on my right Achilles from my winter boots!   Still, the cattle were found and fine and that's the important matter.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...