Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 19 December 2025

    Friday 19 Dec 25. (09.55 - 10.30). All 11 seen. All OK

    I entered the range on tarmac road that leads up to the ammo dump compound.  I noticed that one of the metal railings that usually is located on the left-hand-side, (as you enter) of the cattle grid has been removed and  lent against the wooden fencing around the adjacent kissing-gate.

    It looks as if it just lifts into place and can easily been lifted back into place.  I considered putting it back into place, but didn't as it is probably a 2-person job and in case it had been removed for a reason.  I took a photo of the railing in it current location.


    I quickly found the ponies in F7, either side and on the grassy track that runs through that area.  They were about 150 yards SE of the ammo dump compound.  Quite a few of them were friendly and had time for strokes & neck scratches..

    Sorry my phone/laptop is messing around again and is preventing me up loading any more photos.

    The boys were in and around the paddock NE of the ammo dump compound in F5 and E4.  Jet was in the SW corner of the paddock and was very friendly today, standing still for several minutes for me to scratch his neck.  I then went over to Jeans, who was equally friendly.  These two are usually the least friendly of the four with me.

    While I was with Jeans, I had seen J'Adore or Jura on the top of the bund that surrounds this paddock.  So I climbed the bund on the north side of the paddock and into some thick gorse.  Despite being thick, there were cattle-sized paths through which I was able to scramble, (no bike today) and eventually I spotted one, who turned out to be Jura.  He was intent on eating the yellow flowers and softer gorse around them.  I picked up a gorse branch with several flowers on and held it for Jura, as he wrapped his tongue around the flowers & end growth and ate them.  

    As I was feeding Jura I heard and then saw J'Adore only a few feet away.  I scrambled over to him and he seemed fine, as he also ate the flowers and softer gorse.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...