Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 20 December 2025

    Saturday 20th December - All 11 seen

    At 13:50 this afternoon, yearling 282 was relaxing and chewing his cud in the heather near ///march.issues.vies, close to the northern fence line. He was very friendly, allowing me to brush loose gorse from his face and back before enjoying a long neck rub. It was lovely to spend some alone time with him before the others heard my voice and emerged from the gorse bushes, coming over one by one to say hello and enjoy strokes and rubs.

    After our initial greetings, the boys stayed close, resting and chewing their cud together. Before long, they took turns enjoying longer neck and back scratches while the others grazed among the heather. They were all very affectionate, offering head rubs and the occasional lick in return. The boys were happy, relaxed, and looking well. I said my goodbyes at 14:30, leaving them peacefully grazing in the heather. However, as I started to walk away, they followed me out onto the main path. After a final round of strokes, they moved into the woodland to the south to continue grazing.

    At 14:40, while walking along the central track through the site, I came across two ponies resting in the sunshine near ///jelly.grants.warp. Both were incredibly friendly, wandering over to greet me and taking turns to enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. When not being fussed over, they rested or drank from nearby puddles. Shortly before 15:00, I was curious where the others were and, after walking about 50 metres further along the path, spotted them to the southeast. They noticed me too and all stood to attention as I walked towards them, with the first two ponies following along behind.

    As I got closer, I was greeted by a lovely chorus of nickers from the remaining five ponies, who were standing in the heather on the far side of a water-filled trench near ///commuted.mice.clerk. The darker pony jumped across to meet me, eager for some strokes. I then went over to the others, who were just as friendly, stepping forward to say hello and enjoy some attention.

    All seven ponies then began grazing, enjoying the plentiful heather, but they regularly returned for more attention. They leaned in for long neck and back scratches, thanking me with nuzzles and cuddles. A few still had matted coats from recent rain, but some gentle back rubs soon smoothed them out. The girls were all happy, relaxed, and in good condition.

    There was no change to the dark mare's hooves. She continues to move around without any issues and shows no signs of discomfort. She was especially affectionate today and clearly enjoyed her neck and shoulder rubs.

    I said my goodbyes at 15:45, leaving most of the ponies grazing in the heather near ///area.alive.scaffold, with a couple already making their way toward the gorse bushes to the northeast.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.




















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...