Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 27 December 2025

    Saturday 27th December - All 11 seen

    At 13:45 this afternoon, yearlings 276, 278, and 282 were grazing in the very muddy, waterlogged duck pond near ///tweed.melts.dozen. Thankfully, they made their way over to meet me on one of the small islands, sparing me from the worst of the conditions. The boys were very friendly, greeting me warmly and enjoying plenty of strokes and rubs. Yearling 283 was grazing in the gorse bushes to the north, so I carefully made my way over to see him, accompanied by yearling 276. He was just as friendly, stepping forward to say hello and enjoying a back rub.

    After a while, I waded back through the mud to the island where yearlings 278 and 282 were waiting, with the other two following close behind. We all just about fitted on the island, and the boys thoroughly enjoyed long neck and back scratches. Shortly before 14:20, I said my goodbyes, but they followed me out toward the entrance area, where they enjoyed a final round of strokes before I went to look for the ponies. All four were happy, relaxed, and looking well. The tracker showed no active collars at any point before or during my visit.

    Shortly before 14:45, while following the track through the centre of the site, I spotted Polly way off in the distance at the edge of the thicket near the northern fence line. As I crossed the pasture to meet her, the other ponies emerged from the bushes and all seven headed over to greet me near ///rules.inert.tabs. The girls were very friendly, each taking turns to come over, say hello, and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs.

    After our initial greetings, the ponies alternated between grazing on heather and gorse, resting, and returning regularly for more attention. They loved long neck and back rubs, relaxing completely—often resting a hind leg—and offering gentle nuzzles in return. They also appreciated having loose gorse untangled from their manes and tails. All the girls were happy, relaxed, and in good condition.

    I said my goodbyes shortly after 15:45, leaving the ponies peacefully grazing as the temperature began to drop.

    As I was leaving, I ran into the boys again, grazing contentedly in the gorse bushes on either side of the main path near ///failed.disco.shorts. I had planned to simply walk past, but they had other ideas and soon approached for more attention. I said my final goodbyes at 16:10 as darkness settled across the site.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.





















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...