Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 15 February 2026

    Sunday 15 February 26, (11.30 - 12.05). All 11 seen. All Well.

     I was also out in the rain this morning, although today, I was a pedestrian.  

     
    The cattle were all together, just to the west of the N-S grassy, (& muddy) track in C8.






    After that I went into the sandy paddock, while looking for the ponies, which I spotted to the east of the paddock, from one of it's surrounding sandy banks.  Lying on the ground in the middle of the paddock was an empty, (fired) smoke grenade and a short coil of barbed wire.   I took both to the compound gates and threw them about about 5 feet inside the gate.  Anyone of the wardens unlocking these gates would immediately see both items and be able to pick them up and dispose of them appropriately.  I also phoned the Gibraltar Barracks number, (which is on the ammo dump's signage) and advised the man answering what I'd done.  He told me that  he could see me on the CCTV.  He further asked for my name, which I supplied and I advised him that I was looking out for the stock in the area.  He asked that in future if I could throw items toward the yellow sand box, which is just to the rhs of the gate inside the compound.


        The ponies were all together in G4.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...