Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 8 February 2026

    Sunday 8 February 26. (12.00 - 12.40) All 11 Seen. All Well.

    The cattle were in in C7/C8, in and to the eastern side of the gorse bushes close to the range fence.    I spent some time scrabbling inside the gorse, but could only find Jet, Jura and Jeans.  I left the gorse a few times to see if I could observe movement of the top of the gorse in an area where those three were not located and re-entered via a different cattle-sized hole, but to no avail, (in finding J'Adore).







    Eventually, Jura, Jet and Jeans exited the gorse on the eastern side where Jeans stayed with me for a while licking my hand and having a neck scratch.  After a while he headed off he joined the other two who were slowly heading east and had crossed the grassy track.

    I stood on the grassy track for about five minutes and admit that I employed a few low "Moos" in the hope of teasing J'Adore to join his mates.  Then I saw the gorse top start to move and eventually J'Adore appeared.  His appearance was probably co-incidental to my mooing !



    J'Adore passed me without a how-do-ya-do, probably in distain of my impersonations.  He rejoined his mates on the eastern side of the grassy track. 


    The ponies were in E5, immediately to the north of the ammo dump compound fence.








    They were gradually heading west and one of them went up onto the bund blast wall around the western side of ammo dump fence.  I followed her up there, from where I took the following photos.










    While I was up there something spooked the ponies on the ground and they started cantering, (thinks -  not sure about equine gears !) east, toward the tank pits.  The pony on the bund moved briskly, (trot ?) south off the bund and once back on the ground sped-up to the same gear as his mates to rejoin them.

    I have no idea what spooked them.  I don't think it was me on the bund.  Most, if not all of them had looked up at me up there, as I photographed them.  Anyway, two minutes later they were all stood together calmly by the tank pits, as I cycled by.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...