Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Tuesday, 17 February 2026

    Tuesday 17th - Staff Check + contractors

    Hi all 

    08.35am 
    So sorry I didnt let you know about the contractors who are replacing the external corral wall which was completely rotten. They are here today and maybe a bit of tomorrow. 

    There is an exclusion zone on the Nofence collars to deter the cattle from bothering the guys whilst they're working, but obviously we have one cow without collar and ponies..! 

    I saw all 4 boys today at 8.35, looking well and very vocal. 

    I will come back later to find the ponies, as I am meeting another contractor at Yateley this morning. 

    Zoe 

    11.58am

    Back onsite, have seen all ponies who are looking well, a few cracked and split hooves but nothing major. 

    I had another go at putting a battery in 283 (Jeans) collar, but although i can scratch his head neck etc whilst crouched on the ground, the moment I try to touch the collar he legs it. 
    When the corral is finished next week I'll shut them in there to have a final go before I admit defeat. 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...