Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday, 28 September 2026

    update on 276

    It is with sad news I regret to inform you all that #276 didn't make it through Saturday night.

    The vet said it was a 50/50 chance however there was no more that he or any of us could do.

    As Chris has already said, please do keep an eye on the rest for symptoms - Acorn poisoning usually begins showing a day or 2 after consumption once the kidneys have failed.

    I am going to suggest that if people notice any areas with acron drop please let us know and we can adjust the no fence boundaries to try to reduce the liklihood as a preventative measure.

    Thank you for your keen eyes and care when the checking the livestock

    The grazing team 

    4 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is such desperately sad news.

      J'Adore was such a lovely boy and one of the friendliest members of the herd. He was always the first to come over for plenty of strokes and rubs, and I will never forget his gentle nature and affectionate head rubs.

      I feel incredibly lucky to have spent so much time with him and to have got to know his big personality. He will be very sadly missed, and it will feel very strange visiting the site and not finding him there with the other boys.

      Sleep peacefully, J'Adore. You were a very special boy and you will never be forgotten.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope he went peacefully. He will be missed.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I agree totally with Gordon's & Margaret's comments

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.