Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Thursday, 17 April 2025

    Thur 17 Apr 25. (16.10 - 16.45) All 6 ponies and all 4 cattle seen in C7, D7 & C8

     I found all 6 ponies and 3 cattle very quickly.  After circumnavigating some 8ft tall gorse, I found 278 approaching the rest from the direction of the trough.  He called out twice, but stopped and grazed once he spotted the others.  



















    I'm afraid that I did not see Howard's or Margaret's posts about the wound on 276's until after I had returned and my photo of 276 today, does not afford any up to date assessment.

    With the above caveat, all were either resting or grazing and appeared well and content. 


     


    1 comment:

    1. Thank you Tony, they are nice pictures. Don't worry about the wound, it is looking relatively minor so we're not too worried. Have a nice weekend!

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...