At 14:50 this afternoon, the ponies were happily grazing near the western set of tank pits. They were all very friendly, coming over one by one to say hello and enjoy some strokes. After a while, they returned to grazing but took turns coming back for longer neck and back rubs, offering affectionate cuddles and nuzzles in return. All three were relaxed, happy, and looking really well.
At 15:25, I found the boys in the woodland to the northwest, near ///mount.smirks.shrub. Yearling 278 was enjoying a good scratch against a tree, while yearlings 282 and 283 rested nearby. Yearling 276 came straight over to say hello and was enjoying his first neck rub when the ponies appeared, curious to see where I'd gone. Polly came over for some more strokes before the group wandered off to the northeast.
Soon after, the other yearlings got up and came over to greet me, enjoying some scratches. A heavy shower then moved in, and the boys quickly headed further north into the thicker trees for shelter. They were happy for me to join them and soon started to come over for more strokes and rubs. Yearling 282 especially enjoyed a long neck and chin rub. Once the rain passed, they drifted off into the thicket to graze, looking content, relaxed, and in good condition.
At 15:55, I returned to the ponies, who were now resting under the trees near ///cute.partly.perch. They were happy to be approached and thoroughly enjoyed more attention. Polly loved having the sides of her neck stroked, completely relaxing and even closing her eyes for a while. The other two were just as affectionate, leaning into long neck and back rubs. All three were calm, content, and happily shared the attention.
I said my goodbyes at 16:25 and had just started walking back to the track when they decided to follow me. After a final round of strokes, they crossed the track and moved into the woodland to the east, stopping to drink from some puddles. I never thought I’d be so glad to see some rain — it’s wonderful that the ponies and cows now have a bit of extra drinking water.
The cows and the ponies were all good today.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.