Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Wednesday, 23 July 2025

    Wednesday 23rd July - Staff Check PM

    I was up here with the volunteers today so in the afternoon I caught up with the herd. All cattle and ponies grazing peacefully together. In great condition. 

    The darker bay came over to say hello and asked me to get the flies off her face.
    Others weren't interested so I let them bide and stayed with them for 15 mins or so to observe. 

    FYI - Today we were clearing vegetation around gates and cattle grids and repairing Kiss gate surrounds. I have some new signage on order which includes some 'don't feed the livestock' signs so I'll put them up as soon as they arrive. 

    Cheers, Zoe 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...