Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Wednesday, 9 July 2025

    Wednesday 9 Jul 25. Visited Twice 07.49 - 08.15 & 12.41 Saw all 4 Cattle & all 3 Ponies. All Well.

     I first located 276  J'Adore at the junction of L4/L5/M4/M5, just south of the main E-W track.  He appeared content to be grazing on what appeared to be bamboo leaves, (maybe he has Panda blood?)




    The other three cattle were grazing further SW in the clearing in L5.  All of the cattle appeared well.












    I then went to look for the ponies, which I quickly found in D6, near to the sunken pits to the west of the Ammo Dump Compound.  The were all close by, and not as previously, (dark pony separated from the others and Poly and similarly-coloured pony staying close to each other).











    I took a couple of photos of the mark on the lhs back of dark pony.  There was only one fly there today and she did not react when I ran my hand over it, as I was stroking her. 

    I was out on a bike ride with a friend and we returned at 12.40, as we were on our way home. We found the three ponies in the shade, in E5, just to the north of the ammo dump.   The dark pony was happy to receive strokes but the other two kept stamping their hooves on the ground, so I kept my distance from them.  I think it may have been the flies causing the annoyance and not me.   The two lighter ponies were stood very close together again, but the darker pony was not too far from them.

    Other that the hoof stomping they appeared well.




    I could see from the No-Fence App that the cattle were up in the NE of their range, but we didn't have time to get there and search for them 


    1 comment:

    1. Panda blood 😂🐼 yes foot stomping is typical behaviour with lots of flies and sometimes indicates mites. Flies are pretty bad this year. Thanks Tony

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...