Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 13 July 2025

    Sunday 13 July 2025 All Seven Ponies/Cattle Seen, (09.00 - 09.45). All Well

     The ponies were seen first in E9 at 09.00, west of the tarmac access road from the cattle grid to the ammo dump.  Polly and the darker pony were in the trees within about 15 yards of each other.  They were both happy to receive neck scratches/strokes.

    The other lighter-coloured pony was in the open meadow about 75 yards further west.  She was not interested in any attention from me.  She either turned her head or walked away, if I approached.

    All three were avidly grazing and appeared content and well.


















    I found all four cattle at 09.30 laying down in thick "rhodi" bush cover in H3, very close to the main    E-W track and the northern perimeter fence.  It was difficult for me to manouver in there and I did not want to trip and disturb them, so I just took a photo of each and left them.  They also appeared content and well.







    1 comment:

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...