Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday, 6 October 2025

    Monday 6 Oct (11.45 - 12.10) Found All 4 Cattle, Jacky & Ziggy in H3. Didn't See Ponies

     As I was unable to to get to the cattle, (only ponies) yesterday, I popped in to check on them today.

    No Fence was showing all four as being in the H3/I3 area north of the main E-W track.  As I walked up the main track from the east I saw one of the cattle from about 200 yards away, cross the main track N to S.  When I got to his crossing point, he was only just off the track.  So I fought thru the bramble & saw that it was J'Adore.


    The NF was showing the others as still being in the thick "Rhoddi" bushes on the N side of the main track.  So I went back onto the track as Jet popped out onto it in front of me.


    As you can see from the photo, almost immediately behind Jet was Jacky & Ziggy.  We stood on the track and spoke for several minutes, during which Jeans, (sorry no photo) also popped out from the same direction and joined the other two to the S side of the track.  We could hear Jura, (& I caught a brief glimse) crashing about to the N of the track, but he did not appear.

    Jacky and I then separated and as I walked east on the main track Jura popped out onto the track 150 yards in front of me.  As we passed, he was moving fast, towards where the others, Jacky, Ziggy and I had been.


      All appeared well.  I was not intending upon checking on the ponies, but Jacky did tell me that she had already seen them.

    Thanks for the pony number update Gordon.  Sad to hear that the older pony has gone, but I wish her well.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...