At 14:25 this afternoon, the yearlings were grazing near ///writings.though.tins, southeast of the ammo compound. As soon as they saw me, they wandered out onto the grass track to say hello and enjoy some strokes. All four were happy, relaxed, and in good condition. After our initial greetings, they started to rest but soon took turns to come over for long neck and back rubs, thanking me with gentle head nudges and licks.
By 15:10, yearlings 278, 282, and 283 were lying down, relaxing and chewing their cud, though still happy to receive the occasional scratch. Yearling 276 wanted a bit more attention and thoroughly enjoyed endless head and neck rubs while I sat on the ground beside him.
At 15:25, just as I was about to head off to find the ponies, Polly emerged from the thicket to the west, followed by the other six. The yearlings quickly got up and moved into the thicket to the east to get out of their way. The ponies were all very friendly, coming over one by one to greet me and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. They were all calm and affectionate, offering gentle nuzzles as I rubbed their necks and shoulders. I gradually moved south, with the ponies following along, allowing the yearlings to return to their original spot and lie back down.
After a while, the ponies moved into the thicket to the west, where they began browsing on gorse. One always kept me company, keen to enjoy more strokes and rubs. Polly was especially friendly, content to just stand and relax while I fussed over her. When the ponies emerged from the gorse, they happily let me remove the snags from their manes and tails and brush off their backs. By 16:50, the girls wandered further south to graze in the pasture west of the dense woodland. They were all happy, relaxed, and in excellent condition.
I headed back to spend a bit more time with the yearlings, who were still lying down and chewing their cud. Yearling 282 quickly got up for another long neck rub, stretching out so I could reach under his chin as well. Soon, the others joined in, alternating between grazing nearby and returning for more attention.
At 17:25, I was surprised to see the ponies wandering back up the grass track toward me. After a few more strokes and scratches, they continued east through the thicket, eventually reaching the gorse bushes near the path that leads to the car park.
I said my goodbyes at 17:55, leaving everyone peacefully grazing as dusk settled across the site.
The cows and the ponies were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.