Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 19 October 2025

    Sunday 19th October - All 11 seen

    At 15:25 this afternoon, yearlings 282 and 283 were sheltering from the rain in the bushes near ///waddled.vital.spans, just off the main path east of the ammo compound. They both came out to say hello and were very wet. I brushed the rain from their backs and sides with my hand before they took turns leaning in for long neck and back rubs.

    By 15:40, the rain had eased, so I headed into the thicket to the southwest to find the other two, with the boys following along behind me. Yearling 276 helpfully mooed when he saw me, letting me know his location. Both he and yearling 278 were just as wet and appreciated having the excess water brushed from their backs. Yearling 276 was especially affectionate, offering gentle head rubs after enjoying a long neck scratch. Despite being soaked, the boys were happy, relaxed, and looking well. I said my goodbyes just after 16:00, leaving them peacefully grazing.

    By 16:15, the ponies were wisely taking shelter from another shower under the trees to the west of the tarmac road near the entrance gate. They, too, were very wet, clearly having been out grazing until fairly recently. The girls were all calm and friendly, coming over one by one to greet me and enjoy neck and shoulder rubs. They seemed to appreciate having their coats ruffled, many thanking me with gentle nuzzles and cuddles. They all enjoyed plenty of attention, relaxing completely and resting their hind legs.

    By 16:50, the rain had eased again, and the ponies moved out from under the trees into the pasture to the west, where they began to graze. After making my way around them all for some final strokes and rubs, I said my goodbyes at 17:10.

    As I was leaving, I spotted the yearlings grazing near ///goats.obey.shun, south of the ammo compound, so I went to spend another twenty minutes with them. Shortly after I arrived, they all gathered around me to relax and chew their cud. By then, a steady drizzle had set in, and they were getting wet again — hopefully they went to find shelter after I left.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.













    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...