Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 26 October 2025

    Sunday 26th October - All 11 seen

    At 13:45, yearlings 276, 282, and 283 were grazing near ///prefect.hopes.cove, about 270 metres southwest of the ammo compound. They quickly wandered over to say hello, each enjoying plenty of neck and back scratches. After our greetings, they stayed close, relaxing and chewing their cud while enjoying a few more strokes and rubs.

    After about twenty minutes, I set off to the southeast to look for yearling 278, with the other three following closely behind. As I approached the woodland near ///jumbo.bounty.skate, I heard a loud moo—yearling 278 had spotted me and came to the edge of the trees to say hello. After another round of strokes and rubs, yearling 282 settled down to chew his cud while the others grazed contentedly nearby. I said my goodbyes at 14:50; the boys were happy, relaxed, and looking well.

    Shortly before 15:00, I found three ponies relaxing in the grassy paddock northeast of the ammo compound. They were all very friendly, taking turns to come over for strokes and rubs. The wound on the left side of the bay pony’s neck continues to heal well, with traces of the antibiotic spray still visible from yesterday. She was especially affectionate, thoroughly enjoying a long neck rub and resting her head on my shoulder before thanking me with gentle nuzzles.

    After about twenty minutes, we set off to find the other four ponies, who were grazing among the gorse bushes near ///fish.boards.slap, close to the northern perimeter of the site. They paused their nibbling to come over and say hello, happily accepting some strokes. Just after I found Polly, the rain began, and we all took shelter under the large oak trees by the fence line. While waiting for the rain to ease, the ponies alternated between foraging for acorns, nibbling on gorse, and enjoying more attention. After about fifteen minutes, the rain lightened, and they began to wander out again to graze. They were all happy, relaxed, and looking well—if a little damp.

    I said my goodbyes shortly after 16:00, leaving them peacefully grazing among the thicket. As I started to leave, they followed me into the pasture to the south, continuing to graze on heather and leaves in the light rain. I bid them farewell when they reached the area near ///culling.drum.minds.

    As I was leaving the site, I spotted the yearlings grazing near ///glades.valued.blazed, just southeast of the ammo compound.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...