Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 9 May 2026

    Saturday 9th May - All 7 seen

    I was a little later than usual getting to site this afternoon and took a walk around the usual places where the ponies like to rest on a warm, sunny day, but had no luck finding them. So, I decided to make my way across to see the cattle, hoping I might encounter the ponies on the way.

    At 15:40 this afternoon, the boys were spread out grazing among the thicket in the pasture near ///local.blurred.scanty, southwest of the entrance by the sailing club. They quickly wandered over into the open area to say hello and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. Afterwards, they gathered around me to rest and chew their cud, leaning in one at a time for chin, neck, and back scratches. The boys were happy, relaxed, and in good condition.

    After a while, they moved into the shade of some nearby bushes to escape the warm sunshine and the many flies it brought with it, though they still enjoyed lots of attention. Youngster 282 was especially affectionate, loving having the sides of his neck stroked and responding with gentle head rubs. I said my goodbyes at 16:25, only for the boys to follow me out to the path by the exit. After a final round of strokes, I slipped through the gate and out of sight, with the boys calling after me with a friendly chorus of moos.

    By 16:45, the ponies were resting in the shade of the trees northwest of the ammo compound, near ///face.snappy.trespass. The girls greeted me with soft nickers as I approached, before taking turns coming over to say hello and enjoy plenty of strokes. All three were happy, relaxed, and looking really well in their short summer coats.

    After our initial greetings, the ponies gathered around me to rest. They thoroughly enjoyed long neck, shoulder, and back scratches while relaxing, returning the affection with gentle nuzzles and cuddles. They became completely relaxed, lowering their heads, resting a hind leg, and closing their eyes. I said my goodbyes at 18:00, only for the girls to follow me as far as the area just off the main path near ///arrival.erupt.wells, where the fresh grass caught their attention.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.












    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...