Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Wednesday, 27 May 2026

    Wednesday 27th - Morning

     Found all the livestock in the open near the water trough.  I checked the trough and it was fine.

    The cows were heading off towards the Ammo Road.  I caught up with them just as they had crossed it.  They were all fine and had started grazing so paid no attention to me.




    I returned to see the ponies.  They were all fine and happily grazing.  The foal was sunbathing but decided to come over and have some attention.

    I noticed a small cut just above the hoof of its rear right leg, nothing serious but might be worth checking it doesn't get infected or flies laying eggs.






    As I left the ponies were slowly moving towards the Ammo Road.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...