Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 22 May 2026

    Friday 22 May 26 (08.15 - 09.00). Four Cattle, Three Ponies and One Foal Seen. All Well

     The cattle were in E5, just  afew feet north of the ammo dump compound.   They were all friendly, probably forgotten who I am?   All had a stroke, but, as usual J'Adore & Jura up for more that Jeans & Jet.  Jeans was lying down, while the others stood. All were just enjoying the cool shade.










    The ponies were in along the main track that runs WSW from the NW corner of the ammo dump.  The foal was initially lying down in the middle of the track.  However, once he/she ? saw us he/she got up and looked at us and vocalised a high-pitched neigh.  However, we kept our distance and he/she never got within 25 feet of me.  Mum was close-by and never appeared anxious.  Polly had a couple of strokes.  It looked as if the foal wanted to lay back fdown again, but could not ork out how to do it without falling.  












    I checked on the trough.  It was clear and full.  I ran a stick thru it several time to remove some of the fibreous material in the bottom.

    1 comment:

    1. Apologies. I've just read all the the posts since my last visit, (which appears to have been the day before the foal was born) and I noticed that Gordon has subsequently said that the pony is a girl, (filly).

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...