Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 10 May 2026

    Sunday 10 May 26. (11.00 - 12.00) All 7 seen. All well.

     The cattle were showing as  being right in the duck pond.  I decided to approach from next to the cattle grid at the border of M4 & M5, I.E. 250 yards NE of the entrance to the sailing club.  I was able to ride in for about 100 yards after which, I carefully and slowly made my was across the still very damp ground of the pond, until I came to the ditch that eventually enters Hawley Lake next to the sailing club.  

    I could not cross the ditch, but I could see Jet, Jura and J'Adore on the other saide, only about 15 yards away from where I was.  Jet and Jura were laying down, while J'Adore was stood beside Jura.  They were all pretty relaxed and appeared well.  From my position I could see the area around those three, but I could not see Jeans


          


    I left that position and cycled around to the sailing club, with a view to getting to where I'd seen the three, but from the other side, (from the cattle grid in J7).  However, as I rode past the sailing club entrance, I spotted Jean, opposite just a few yards inside the fence in K6.




    The ponies were in the open in C7, slowly making their way north, while grazing..  
     







    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...