Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 24 May 2026

    Sunday 24 May 26. (09.15 - 09.45) 3 Ponies, 1 Foal & 4 Cattle Seen. All Well. Trough Checked.

     Found the Ponies first, as I was heading to check the trough.  Polly and the Pony with the white spot on forehead were just outside the tree line.  Both ponies were friendly and happy to be stroked.

    As I was with them I saw the mother and foal exit from the trees and make a beeline for me.  Mum was happy for a few strokes and even allowed her daughter to approach me. 

    All four appeared well.














     I then went and checked on the trough, which, (as it was so 😎 the the water in such good condition) I had a bath!  Must bring soap & shampoo next time 😉


    As I can back from the trough, I passed the ponies as they came onto the grassy track in D8.





    I found the cattle in F6 sheltering from the sun in the trees directly S of and close to the ammo dump compound.  They were all laying down initially, but Jeans got up and just stood as I arrived.  All were happy for a stroke and appeared well.





     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...