Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 31 May 2026

    Sunday 31st May - All 8 seen

    At 15:20 this afternoon, having just checked the water trough and continuing on my loop around the site, I crossed the tarmac road and was greeted by the ponies on the track near ///detective.converter.ratty, close to the entrance gate. They emerged from behind the gorse bushes, having sensed my approach and come out to meet me, giving me a warm and friendly welcome. The ponies all enjoyed plenty of strokes and rubs, returning the affection with head rubs and gentle nuzzles. The foal waited patiently, then stepped forward for her turn, melting into the first of many neck and back scratches. All four were happy, relaxed, and looking well.

    After a while, the ponies drifted off to graze, leaving me to spend some quiet, relaxing time with the little one. She thoroughly enjoyed being fussed over, leaning into gentle neck strokes and savouring the scratches along her back with obvious pleasure. After a good while, I walked her back to her mum so she could nurse.

    I noticed that the cattle were grazing nearby in the thicket to the north, so I went to spend some time with them, receiving a chorus of friendly moos as I approached. They took turns coming over to say hello and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. By 16:15 the boys had all settled down to rest and chew their cud in the sunshine on the grass track near ///hands.pretty.outbound. The ponies drifted in their direction to graze, but kept a respectful distance. After a while, the boys decided that resting in the shade was a better plan, wandering off one by one to lie beneath the trees to the south.

    I continued to spend lots of time with the foal, who was still happily soaking up the attention. Each time I went to spend some time with one of the other ponies, she would follow at my heels, nudging me now and then to make sure I hadn’t forgotten her. By 16:45, she was starting to tire and settled down beside me, eventually rolling onto her side and drifting off to sleep while I stroked her. I said my goodbyes at 17:00, leaving the ponies grazing, with Davinia close to her fast‑asleep little one. The boys were still resting and chewing their cud peacefully.

    The cows and the ponies were all good today.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...