Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday, 17 February 2025

    Monday 17th February - Staff Check and Collar Update, Please Read

    Hi all, I was meeting contractors on site this morning so I checked in with the stock around 8am and saw all the ponies and cattle who were all in good health. I am particularly pleased with how well the ponies look and the growth on the black yearlings muzzle has nearly completely cleared up. 

    Knight Land Management are clearing a block of scrub for me near the culvert and burning the cut material, so I expect the stock will be warming themselves on the embers of the fire sites over the next few days. 

    Please note - the tracking collar on the yearling has run out of battery due to the fact we've had no sun in what feels like years (they are partly powered by solar and the battery reserve suddenly plummeted and has caught me out!)  

    Unfortunately due to staffing  constraints, I'm not going to be able to change the battery until the first week of March, as we need to get the tractor, cattle crush, trailer and hurdles down there, which requires a few people. 
    Apologies for this! I know this will affect time spent finding them and I do appreciate your efforts.

    The grazing team also visited last week and assessed their condition, deeming it acceptable. They are on the lean side but this is to be expected at this time of year, however we will continue to keep an eye on them and they will be brought back to the farm if we feel they get too lean.

    Just one last note - one of the team spotted carrots on the track last week,  looking as if someone had emptied a whole bag of them. It goes without saying that we should under no circumstances be feeding the stock , if you spot any members of the public doing this, please report it to me. 
    There is no obligation to approach anyone doing this unless you feel comfortable doing so. 

    Thank you all for your continued commitment and time 

    Kind Regards 

    Zoe 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...