Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 15 February 2025

    Saturday 15th February - All 12 seen

    The ponies were grazing near ///blown.risky.foam, close to the northern path, at 14:00 this afternoon. As I approached along the muddy track from the south, several spotted me and came over to greet me, offering gentle nuzzles before enjoying some strokes. The others soon emerged from the gorse bushes and joined me on the path, just as friendly and eager for long neck rubs. All the ponies were happy, relaxed, and in excellent condition.

    After saying hello and resting for a while, they returned to grazing in the thicket, but frequently wandered back for more neck and back rubs. Polly was particularly affectionate today, completely relaxing as I stroked the sides of her neck and rewarding me with cuddles and nuzzles.

    Further east along the path, near ///salsa.yield.hikes, the yearlings had emerged from the thicket and were resting and chewing their cud at 15:05. They were very friendly, approaching to say hello and enjoy some strokes. Yearling 282 was especially affectionate, loving chin, head, and neck rubs. All the boys were happy and healthy.

    After a while, they waded through the ditch and huddled around some bushes to the south near ///reddish.bands.toads. Curious about what they were up to, I went to investigate and found they had pushed a mineral lick deep into the bushes and were struggling to reach it. I moved it out into the open for them, and they eagerly started using it. Yearling 276 then came over to spend some time with me, enjoying plenty of strokes and rubs. Each time I thought about leaving, he would approach again, loving his ears and neck scratched. He was an absolute delight, giving me affectionate head rubs and licks.

    When I returned to the ponies at 15:55, several were resting on the path where I had left them earlier. They stood contentedly, happy to be stroked as they relaxed. The others were still grazing, but one by one, they came over to join us.

    At 16:45, I said my goodbyes. All eight ponies followed me along the path before disappearing into the thicket, close to where the cattle had been earlier. Meanwhile, the boys were happily grazing in the gorse bushes on the other side of the path.

    The cows and the ponies were good today.

















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...