Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 15 August 2025

    Friday 15 Aug 25 (09.45 - 10.40) All Well. 5 Ponies in E8/9. 4 cattle in K4/L4.

     Found ponies easily as I entered the area via the cattle grid south of the ammo dump.  The were all in the woods to the west of the tarmac road.  All were grazing.  No issues observed.

       













    The cattle were all deep in another Rhodi bush, (that'll have to do it's too long a word and I just dont know how to order all the letters) today and even when close they were difficult to find.  The bush was only about 25 yards SW of the main track running thru K4/L4.    I just sat down on an old short wall and waited for one of them to move or to make a sound.  Eventually, I heard one of them and after circumnavigating, (I'm ok with that word) and entering said Rhodi bush I was able to see and photograph all four of them.    Jury, (282) was laying down and was happy for me to scratch his head, which shoo'd the flies off fora bit.  J'Adore, (276)  was ID'd be elimination as he had driven front-end first into the bush and parked himself.  He was standing and all I could see was his back and rear-end!  The other two Jet, (278) and Jeans, (283) were laying beside each other about yards from the other two.  All appeared well.









     

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...