Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Monday, 11 August 2025

    Monday 11 August 25. 10.45-11.45 All Five Ponies, (in D5) and All Four Cattle, (in L4) are OK

    Apologies for not getting out Friday or Sunday.  I was not feeling too good. 

    Today, I found all five ponies in one of their favourite spots - just off the track from the ammo dump compound and the cattle grid to the NW.  Three of the five, (Polly, the older darker pony and the "new" silvery pony) were happy to receive strokes and to get temp relief from the flies.  The other two were not interested and just stood aloof next to each other, only moving away, if I approached.












    I could see that the cattle were near the main W-E track in L4, but it took me about 45 mins to actually find them under a large thick rhodedren, (or how ever it's spelt!).  However, I eventually managed to get close and secure photos of each

    J'Adore, (276)
    I thought I'd taken a head-shot pic of Jeans (278), I certainly clearly saw his ear tags.  However, all I got was her back in this pic of Jura, (282)

    It appears that Jeans, (283) has now lost both ear tags.  I ID'd him by viewing tags on all the others.


    2 comments:

    1. Hi Tony glad you are feeling better and got there today as we wont make it. I had to do something first thing and its too hot to walk Ziggy that far today thank you

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Tony, thanks very much for your efforts particularly finding the cattle. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling good and hope youre better now. Can I kindly remind everyone to let me know if they can't carry out their lookering duties for whatever reason. Text/call/whatsapp/email all.fine. it's not a problem it just helps me know if our team need to carry out additional checks, thanks so much!

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...