Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Sunday, 24 August 2025

    Sunday 24 Aug 25, (12.10 - 13.15). All 9 Well. Four Cattle in J5/6 and Five Ponies in E6, moving to E8.

    I was travelling NE on the track in G5, looking for the ponies, when I "clocked" one of the cattle about 250 yards off my starboard bow.  He was on the "open" side of the trees there.  So, I thought I'd go over and engage, while they were out in the open.  I was able to ride the faint track to within about 100 yards of them, dumped the bike and walked the rest.  They were more interested in grazing but J'Adore (276) and Jura (282) each permitted me a short head and neck scratch before moving on.  Jeans, (283) and Jet, (278), were not interested in a scurvy dog, (to carry on the nautical theme) like me ! 













    I then resumed my pony hunt again and a wee bit like Drake found myself circumnavigating more than originally intended.  Although my "treasure" was not Spanish treasure, but Hampshire's own,  (and much more valuable) New Forest ponies. 

    During my tour, I visited the trough, which was fine nick. and I also went to the manhole, with the 




    half-open lid.  I tried to locate it with What 3 Words, but I could not get it to work on my phone.  However, on return home, I visited Google Maps on my laptop, placed a pin at the location of the manhole and photographed with my mobile.


    On my second tour of the whole area, the ponies revealed themselves in the shade of a small copse close to and just to the south of the ammo dump compound, (in E6).  By the time I'd stroked a few of them and taken photos, they all moved off again, in line astern down the tarmac road.  I followed them into the trees west of the tarmac road in E8, where I took some more photos.  The lumps that Gordon reported yesterday, (Sat) as being on Polly's starboard/off or RHS did not appear to be as large as they were the day before and did not appear to be causing her any concern.  I spent a few moments stroking her head and neck, when I was near the compound.  I also stroked the older dark pony for a short while.

    Zoe - Can you let us have the names of the other four ponies please.



















    The pony photos have reversed their order here from the order in which they were taken.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...