Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Wednesday, 20 August 2025

    Wednesday 20th - Morning

     Found the cows deep inside the thicket at ///metals.grad.hits

    They were resting peacefully.  276 was wearing his collar in a new style,  I corrected it for him.






    Left the boys and went to find the ponies.  They were right by the side of the compound on the track.  They were grazing.

    All looked fine.  Polly wouldn't come out of the scrub so only got a rear end view.






    All were fine with no issues.


    Can I suggest that we have some sort of ID badge we wear when we are out Looking?  Today I burst out of the scrub onto the path in front of a young lady.  Not sure what she thought of an old guy appearing like that.  Fortunately my wife had accompanied me today so she was stood on the path.

    Maybe a Hi-Viz vest with the Logo?

    1 comment:

    1. Good idea. I too have had to explain my sudden appearance from undergrowth, which appears even more odd when I'm also struggling to drag my bike out too ! I'd prefer a badge I could wear on my neck lanyard. Tony

      ReplyDelete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...