Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 29 August 2025

    Friday 29 Aug 25 (12.00 - 13.25) All Well. 8 x Ponies in G5/H5, later F6 and Later Still E9. 4 x Cattle in E5.

     Thought I read the blog this morning or yesterday evening, but obviously not, as at 12.17 in G5/H5 eight ponies appeared.  😕.  They were spread out over about 150 yards.  While I was at one end, there was a "minor skirmish", (to quote Gordon) at the other end between two of them with a bit of neighing and jumping about.  It was over in 30 seconds.   I took a few photos of each pony to assist with my future identification.  If we could have the names too please, that'll help my aging brain. 




























    At 12.33 in F6, when I was looking for the cattle, sans GPS, as I couldn't get it to open on the phone, Polly led all the ponies past me in line astern.  They were on a SW heading.

    At 13.10, while still cattle hunting, I came upon the ponies again in E9.  The elder dark pony was in the shade of the pine trees and happy to have her neck scratched and nose rubbed for fly alieviation.   Polly saw me and came into the trees with two others, but was not too bothered for any attention.


    At 13.18, I found the four guys under some pine trees right next to the NW corner of the ammo dump compound.  They were right next to the bund that surrounds the western side of the compound.  I had probably rode within a few feet of them earlier.













    They were contentedly chewing the cud, with J'Adore & Jura each getting a long head scratch.  Jet & Jeans unusually were also up for this.   Jet was so relaxed, he closed his eye for about a minute.

    All the stock appeared well today 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...