The yearlings were grazing contentedly in the pasture near ///crowned.flags.crypt at 14:15 this afternoon. They were enjoying plenty of long grass and heather and seemed much more comfortable in the cooler conditions. Each of them came over to say hello, enjoying strokes and rubs, and offering gentle head rubs in return. Despite the cooler weather, there were still many flies about, so the boys were glad to stand close while I brushed them from their faces and backs. After a while, they returned to grazing, first moving south towards the centre of the pasture, then gradually drifting east towards their favourite spot by the now completely dry duck pond. They frequently came back for more neck and back rubs. All four were happy, relaxed, and in good condition. I said my goodbyes just after 15:00, leaving them peacefully grazing.
Hopefully, when they are rounded up on Monday to have the batteries replaced in their collars, they’ll also be thoroughly sprayed for ticks and flies. I’ve never seen them with quite so many—or such large—ticks as today. Yearlings 276 and 282 stood patiently while I removed lots with my tick removal tool, but the other two were less keen.
At 15:10, the ponies were grazing near ///waltzed.crows.lows, northeast of the ammo compound. They were all very friendly, coming over to greet me and enjoy some strokes. Polly and Diva were especially affectionate, enjoying long neck and ear rubs and offering gentle nuzzles in return. After a while, the girls went back to grazing but soon came back one by one for more attention, thoroughly enjoying having their backs brushed. They were completely at ease, with most resting a hind leg and even closing their eyes. A couple of them had a good roll in the dusty ground afterwards 😊. The older mare especially enjoyed having her back and shoulders brushed and was shedding her coat more heavily than the others.
By 16:15, the ponies had moved under the trees near ///elbow.swordfish.admire, where they began to rest. They were all content to receive more strokes and rubs as I moved among them. The girls were happy, relaxed, and in excellent condition. I said my goodbyes at 16:45, leaving them resting peacefully, though shortly after I walked away, they all set off into the thicket to the east.
The cows and the ponies were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.