Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 1 August 2025

    Friday 1st August 2025, (10.50) All OK. Ponies in F5, then E5 and Cattle in E3.

     I came upon the ponies as I rounded the corner of a track junction.  They were heading in the opposite direction, I.E. towards the ammo dump compound.   I stopped under the big oak on the corner and the dark pony stopped briefly before being shoo'd-on my the lighter, (non-Polly) pony, who just past me.   Polly stopped for a few neck strokes, before following the others.







    I then headed towards east if the cattle grid E4, ( where the NoFence had shown the cattle as being located, before I left home).  When I got to the cattle grid I checked my phone again and although it correctly showed my location, there was no indication at all of where the cattle were.  I switched it off an on and the same thing it showed my location, but according to No Fence, there were no cattle shown anywhere within their whole roaming area.  I zoomed out and was able to see cattle showing in six other areas to the west of Minley Road and to the south, all the way to the Caesars Camp herd,  P.S.  When I got home and checked on my phone NoFence was showing our cattle's location again.

    Despite NoFence messing about, I hid the bike and walked into the area where NoFence had last showed our cattle as being located.   I quickly found them all lying down next to the northern perimeter fence under the shade of large trees there.  J'Adore, (276) had gone even further and had got into a bush.  I was not able to see his head clearly and ID'd him by elimination.   There were plenty of flies about, but other than that they all appeared content.







    As I left, I passed the ponies just north-west of the ammo dump compound.  I stopped and spent a bit of time stroking the darker pony.


      


     I WILL BE UNABLE TO DO MY USUAL SUNDAY CHECK ON THE CATTLE AND PONIES THIS SUNDAY 3rd AUGUST.  I will be back in time to visit again on the following Friday..

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...