Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 30 August 2025

    Saturday 30th August - All 12 seen

    At 14:40 this afternoon, the yearlings were resting in the woodland near ///dumps.torso.visual. I could see them from a distance, and they looked comfortable, so I decided to let them rest and planned to return later to spend time with them.

    At 14:55, I found the ponies resting among the trees near ///bleat.sprains.trek, close to the northwest perimeter fence. Shortly after I arrived, a series of heavy showers passed through, so it was nice to take shelter with them. The ponies were very friendly, each coming over in turn for strokes and rubs. They all looked happy, relaxed, and in good condition.

    After our greetings, they spread out under the trees and continued to rest. I spent time with each of them, giving long grooming sessions that they clearly enjoyed. Most rested a hind leg, lowered their heads, and even closed their eyes as they fully relaxed. They responded with cuddles, nuzzles, and plenty of licks.

    At 16:05, the group set off toward the ammo compound, stopping to drink from puddles along the way, before settling in the pasture near ///lonely.duty.freezers to graze. They weren’t at all bothered by the constant drizzle, happily enjoying the long grass, heather, and leafy bushes.. I said my goodbyes at 16:40, leaving them grazing peacefully.

    By 16:50, I found the yearlings grazing near ///factually.ample.coffee. They were all friendly, pausing their grazing to come over to say hello before getting back to eating, undeterred by the rain. Yearling 283 enjoyed a long back scratch while grazing before disappearing into the thicket for shelter. Yearling 276 was his usual affectionate self, leaning in for plenty of strokes and offering lovely head rubs in return. Yearling 282 wanted nothing more than to stand and be fussed over, loving having the sides of his neck stroked before enjoying the longest back rub. I left them all grazing contentedly at 17:30.

    The cows and the ponies were good today.












    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...