Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Friday, 2 January 2026

    Friday 2 January 2026 (13.20 -13.35) All 11 Seen. All OK.

     I found the cattle in E5/6, lying under pine the the tall conifers next to the blast wall bund immediately NW of the ammo dump.  All four were chewing the cud and pretty relaxed.  All were happy for a stroke /scratch. 








    As you can see, I've resolved my phone/laptop photo interface issues.

    The ponies were all in the paddock, (as I call it - flat grassy arear surrounded by a sandy/grassy bank to the NE of the ammo dump compound)in F4.  They all appeared well.  Three were grazing on the soft gorse & it's yellow flowers while Polly and the other two were just stood in the sun.  Polly and "Neck Scar" were happy for some attention. 









    When I arrived to where the ponies were the was a man already stood with Polly.  He said that he lives only 10 mins away and often visits the ponies & cattle.  I explained about the SH&IoW and the Lookers.  He said that he would be interested in becoming a looker.  I gave him the office number and advised him to leave a message if there is no answer.  His name is Keith.














































    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...