What a nice change, the sun was shining
Found the ponies and cows all together at the junction of the path to the corral and the main path.
They were all standing in the sunshine with lots of steam coming from their coats. The cows had a few moos when they saw me.
Gave all the cows a good rub. I thought they were getting a bit thin round their hind quarters, quite hollow round their hips.
All the ponies were good.
Had a nip on my back from the pony with the grey tinged coat, nothing serious but will be bruised tomorrow. Don't think she liked it when I stopped stroking her and started to stroke the pony next to her!
Hi Howard, thank you for your update, we assessed the cattle yesterday as they will drop condition this time of year. The livestock team were happy with them and noted they do have fat around certain key areas (legs and tail) which is good, but I will be putting licks out for them. Sorry to hear you got a nip from the ponies, do take care
ReplyDelete