Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 24 January 2026

    Saturday 24th January - All 11 seen

    At 13:45 this afternoon, the cows, and ponies were together on the track around 200 metres southwest of the ammo compound, near ///brick.rules.stunt. The ponies were resting on the western side of the track in the sunshine, while the yearlings lay peacefully in the heather just to the east.

    The ponies gave me a warm welcome, with several nickering as I approached. They took turns coming over to say hello and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. The cattle stood up and began to make their way over as well, but sensibly held back to avoid overcrowding. I went over to greet them, and they happily accepted plenty of strokes before the ponies once again took centre stage.

    As the ponies drifted further south along the track, they came over one by one for long neck and back rubs. When not being fussed over, they grazed among the heather and gorse or rested in the sunshine. All seven ponies were happy, relaxed, and in good condition. The boys also began grazing nearby, content to wait their turn.

    By 14:45, I walked the boys away from the ponies to the area near ///revisits.hopes.pills, where I was able to spend some proper time with them. They thoroughly enjoyed long neck, shoulder, and back scratches, with yearlings 276 and 282 resting their heads on my shoulder at various points. All four were calm, relaxed, and looking well.

    After a while, the ponies wandered over again, and the cattle drifted off into the gorse to the west. I then spent the remainder of my visit moving between the two groups. The boys grazed through the gorse, emerging near the perimeter fence close to ///year.elect.assemble, where they enjoyed more strokes and rubs, while the ponies continued grazing in the heather nearby.

    Just after 16:00, the ponies came looking for me again, and I led them back into the open pasture for some final strokes. I said my goodbyes at 16:20, leaving the cattle grazing in the gorse near the perimeter fence and the ponies grazing in the heather to the southeast. As I was walking away, a shower rolled through.

    The cows and the ponies were good today.





















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...