Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday, 3 January 2026

    Saturday 3rd January - All 11 seen

    Happy New Year!  All the best for 2026.

    When I arrived on site, I went straight to the trough and broke up and removed the layer of ice covering the surface. Once cleared, I gave it a quick clean, including removing any floating leaves. As I walked the site looking for the cows and ponies, I also broke the ice on several puddles to provide additional drinking water.

    At 14:45, as I neared the cattle grid at the western end of the northernmost path, I heard a chorus of nickers from beyond the gorse bushes on the southern side, letting me know I had found the ponies. The girls soon emerged onto the path, taking turns to greet me and enjoy plenty of strokes and rubs. They were very affectionate, offering gentle nuzzles, head nudges, and the occasional lick.

    After our greetings, the ponies settled on the path and were happy to be approached for long neck and back scratches. They also enjoyed having loose gorse brushed from their backs and untangled from their manes and forelocks. All were relaxed, content, and looking well.

    Within fifteen minutes, the boys had gathered at the side of the cattle grid. They browsed gorse while waiting their turn and occasionally mooed to remind me they were there. I went over to them around 15:25. After the ponies briefly followed—prompting the boys to move a little further west toward ///solving.coins.taxed—they came over to say hello and enjoyed some strokes. They then took turns enjoying longer neck and back rubs, while the others rested or browsed gorse and heather. All were calm, friendly, and in good condition.

    After spending some time with the boys, I returned to check on the ponies, who were grazing nearby among the gorse. Several came over again for more attention.

    By 16:00, the boys had moved further west along the fence line, continuing to graze on gorse and heather. They all enjoyed more strokes, with yearling 276 in particular leaning in for a long neck and shoulder rub, standing peacefully and chewing his cud. We then walked together to rejoin the other three at the corral. The boys were reluctant for me to leave and kept coming back for extra attention, which I was happy to give. I said my final goodbyes at 16:35, by which time it was fully dark.

    The cows and the ponies were good today.





















    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    Wednesday 30th. Morning

     Checked the water trough first, it was all Ok As I then walked across the site to find the cows I looked for Oak trees.  There are quite a ...